Sunday, July 12, 2009

Shopping spree in Dubai!


Click to enlarge

One hella shopping spree I did in there! lol. I'm kind of broke now and it's not the middle of the month yet! *sigh* I'll manage to live the rest of this month with the few bills I've got, but I've got to say that it was worth it! =D

I didn't plan to go there as I have to work and finish my internship this summer, but I took few days off thinking that it's going to be a good opportunity to go to other place and practice photography there. I had to email my internship adviser that I have to take days off "due to family circumstances", I kind of wanted the email to sound serious so she would let me go, and she did! =D

There, I went to a Japanese restaurant where the kitchen is open and you can see everything going on there. I was looking around and taking pictures. There was one Asian man who was arranging sushi on a plate and smiling to me, so I approached him and asked if he's Japanese, he said he's not but the chief is. Before I know it he called the Japanese chief to talk to me. I took two Japanese course only... more than 6 months ago? or maybe more. I couldn't remember everything I've learnt. However, I managed to talk to him (tho most was I said was in English) and he was very nice and outgoing. It was a nice experience. (first photo below) =)

I got to try out my 70-300mm lens that came with my DSLR (Nikon D60) as a gift when I first bought it, that I never got to try before. I LOVED this lens. You can take pictures of far subjects and make them look as if they were right in front of you, and you get to focus manually which gives you control of what you want to focus on.

So, if you're going to Dubai don't forget to bring your sun block cream as the sun could be burning, an empty stomach as there are lots of restaurants you should try out, and of course extra cash. =P


























2 comments:

lamah. said...

Lovely photographs!

Elegant Mood said...

fdeet nosi & hazaay..
beautiful pics .. Go Girl .. Keep Rocking

Post a Comment